Mrs. F. Barroso & Ms. P. Rodriguez
Valley View Jr. High Counselors are available every day to assist students, parents, and school staff in a variety of ways. The counselors’ doors are always open. You may reach them by phone or email.
- Assisting with personal issues individually and in group
- Support in academic areas: scheduling classes for individual needs, parent-teacher conferences, registration of new students, conferencing with students who are failing, and attendance concerns
- Topics covered Bullying Prevention, Career Awareness, Conflict Resolution and Substance Abuse.
- Make sure your child is at school and on time daily
- Provide a quiet place to study
- Set aside homework time
- Encourage your child to maintain a neat and organized binder for each subject area
- Encourage your child to seek extra help when needed
- Review all progress reports and report cards with student
- Maintain close contact with teachers
STAY HEALTHY AND SAFE!