2019-2020 Library Programs:
Students will be required to read books and test in the Accelerated Reader (A.R.) program. An A.R. grade will be assigned in each core subject (Reading, ELA, Math, Science, & Social Studies) based on the A.R. grade system listed below.
* The top 3 sixth and seventh grade AR point earners per six weeks will be recognized with prizes from the A.R. prize display.
* The top 3 point earners for the school year earn grand prizes and trophies at the end of the year.
* Students who earn 175 points for the first semester & maintain a 4th grade level reading average will go on an A.R. field trip.
*Students who meet their 21 point AR goal every six weeks get a homework pass.
A.R. Testing Policy:
Students must adhere to the following guidelines in order to participate in the A.R. program.
1. Students must carefully read and understand their book to pass the A.R. quiz.
2. Students must turn in their book before taking an A.R. quiz.
3. Students may not review their book for answers when taking an A.R. quiz.
4. Students may not take an A.R. quiz together.
5. Students may not share or sell their A.R. answers.
6. Students are not allowed to take A.R. quizzes for other students.
7. Students must not share their A.R. passwords with fellow classmates.
8. Watching a movie/video version of a book and testing based on it
is not allowed.
A.R. MISUSE: Students who do not adhere to the guidelines will face the following consequences:
1st offense: TBD
2nd offense: TBD
3rd offense: TBD
A.R. Grade Scale:
All students at VVJH will be required to read books to test in the Accelerated Reader (A.R.) Program as part of their grade in every core class (Reading, Writing, Math, Science, & Social Studies). The points will be weighed in as part of the overall grade each six weeks and should be entered in the category labeled "Projects, Essays, & Labs."
Tiger Star Reader & Super Star Reader Challenge:
Students will be rewarded based on word counts in the A.R. program. Check with Ms. Gomez for updates.
REQUIREMENTS: Students must maintain an 85% passing rate in the A.R. program & a 4th-grade reading level average by the deadline that is TBA.
Readers Are Leaders Six Weeks Raffle: Students participating in the READERS ARE LEADERS program need to submit an A.R. Reading log to Ms. Gomez or Mrs. Galvan by the last day of the six weeks. A.R. Reading logs are available at the library. Winners will be announced at the end of each six weeks.
Accelerated Reader Certifications: Program guidelines are posted here.