2019-2020 Library Programs:
Students will be required to read books and test in the Accelerated Reader (A.R.) program. An A.R. grade will be assigned in each core subject (Reading, ELA, Math, Science, & Social Studies) based on the A.R. grade system listed below.
* The top 3 sixth and seventh grade AR point earners per six weeks will be recognized with prizes from the A.R. prize display.
* The top 3 point earners for the school year earn grand prizes and trophies at the end of the year.
* Students who earn 175 points for the first semester & maintain a 4th grade level reading average will go on an A.R. field trip at the beginning of the 2nd semester.
*Students who meet their 21 point AR goal each six weeks get a Free-Style pass for school attire.
A.R. Grade Scale:
All students at VVJH will be required to read books to test in the Accelerated Reader (A.R.) Program as part of their grade in every core class (Reading, Writing, Math, Science, & Social Studies). The points will be weighed in as part of the overall grade each six weeks and should be entered in the category labeled "Projects, Essays, & Labs."
A.R. Honor Code:
Valley View ISD
Accelerated Reader Program Honor Code
1. I must carefully read and understand my book to pass the A.R. quiz.
2. I will not have my book in the testing area when taking an A.R. quiz.
3. I will not review my book for answers or have a book open while taking an A.R. quiz.
4. I will test A.R. quizzes independently.
5. I will not share or sell A.R. quiz answers.
6. I will not take A.R. quizzes for other students.
7. I will not share my A.R. passwords with fellow classmates.
8. I understand that watching a movie/video version of a book and testing based on it is
I understand that if I do not follow the above standards, I will lose my points
based on the following criteria:
1st infraction-------- removal of A.R. points for each test that was wrongfully taken
2nd infraction------- removal of A.R. points for the week
3rd infraction-------- non-participation in A.R. incentives
(NOTE: Secondary campuses recommend that any student who commits a 1st
infraction may still be allowed to take part in the A.R. 6-weeks incentives but will be
excluded from the end-of-year field trip.)
Tiger Star Reader & Super Star Reader Challenge:
Students will be rewarded based on word counts in the A.R. program. Check with Ms. Gomez for updates.
REQUIREMENTS: Students must maintain an 85% passing rate in the A.R. program & a 4th-grade reading level average by Friday, APRIL 17, 2020.
Readers Are Leaders Six Weeks Raffle: Students participating in the READERS ARE LEADERS program need to submit an A.R. Reading log to Ms. Gomez or Mrs. Galvan by the last day of the six weeks. A.R. Reading logs are available at the library. Winners will be announced at the end of each six weeks.
Accelerated Reader Certifications: Program guidelines are posted here.